Germination Requirements of Japanese Cherry

Robert L.Allen allen at rerf.or.jp
Tue Jun 7 23:14:53 EST 1994

I am in my last year over here and would like to leave behind
some cherry trees. The fruit is ripe now. I have some garden
space, but have forgotten details of germination. (I don't
speak Japanese well enough to ask over here)

I remember they need an acid bath (the gut of a bird), but
do they require scarification? Is a period of reduced temperature
require?

Could someone fill me in on the details?

Thanks.

 \     | allen at rerf.or.jp             |  (082) 261-3131 work   |     /
  \    | InterNet                     |  (082) 263-7279 FAX    |    /
 /_________)    Radiation Effects Research Foundation      (_________\
              5-2 Hijiyama-Koen, Minami-Ku, Hiroshima 732
                               Japan

---