NEEDS POSTDOC POSITION

dsrinivas at kean.ucs.mun.ca dsrinivas at kean.ucs.mun.ca
Mon Mar 14 05:21:52 EST 1994

 Hello!

RE: POSTDOC IN METAL-TOXICITY OR IN NITROGEN-FIXATION

May I take this opportunity to introduce myself as S.Denduluri of Dept. of
Biology, Memorial University, St.John's, Canada. As I am completing my
second Ph.D very soon, (thesis submitted),I am looking for a Postdoc Position.

 My academic background and seven
years of experience include a M.Sc in "Cytogenetics" a M.Phil in
Microbiology and a Ph.D in "Plant Physiology". The
research work for the M.Phil degree was on the "Toxicity of lead and its
interaction with chelating agents on some vegetable crops grown in sewage-
irrigated soil and for the first Ph.D was on the Effects of lead, Manganese
and chelating agents on some vegetable crops grown in sewage irrigated
soil". During that period I was involved in estimating various physiolgical
parameters (Plant Biomass, Ammonia-nitrogen, Nitrate-nitrogen, total
notrogen contents, growth parameters, photosynthesis, C:N ratio etc) of
plants exposed to metal stress besides estimating the accumulation of metal
ions in various tissues (roots stems, leaves and fruits). I also studied
the effect of metals on soil system.

At present I am finishing my second Ph.D  at Memorial
University, St.John's, Canada on "Role of lipid bodies in nitrogen-fixing
nodules of Sesbania.  All the course and research requrements towards this
degree have been completed. I was trained in nitrogen management especially in
estimating the
levels of nitrogen fixation of legumes. I also have four months of
experience at Dept.of Forestry and Agriculture, St.John's, Canada in Soil-
Fertility Research, Nitrogen Transformations. I also conducted field and
lab oriented research to study the nutrient cycling. I also have experience
in handling the isotopes. I was also exposed to handle HPLC and Gas chromatography.
Currently some papers are in progress to submit to International Journals.

e-mail    dsrinivas at kean.ucs.mun.ca

Address for correspondence:
S.Denduluri
Department of Biology
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St.John's, NF, A1B 3X9
Canada.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration and looking forward to
hearing from you.

Srinivas Denduluri

			PUBLICATION LIST

PAPERS TO METAL TOXICITY:

Srinivas, D (1993) Reduction of lead accumulation by ethylenediamine
tetraacetic acid and nitrilo triacetic acid in okra grown in sewage
irrigated soil. Bull. Environ. Cont. Toxicol. 51 (1) 40-45

Srinivas, D (1994) Reduction of manganese accumulation by ethylenediamine
tetraacetic acid and nitrilo triacetic acid in okra grown in sewage
irrigated soil. Bull. Environ. Cont. Toxicol. 52 (3) 438-443.

Srinivas, D (1994) Amemiorative effects of EDTA and NTA on lead toxicity in
okra grown in sewage irrigated soil. Bull. Environ. Cont. TOxicol. 52 (4):
April 1994.

Srinivas, D 1989) Effects of mercury and manganese on some physiolgical
aspects of radish (Rhapanus sativus L.) Proc. Environ. Pollu. p. 100-104.

Srinivas, D (1989). Role of chelating agents in supplying micronutrients to
plants. Vegetos. 2 (1) 115-116

Tongaria, P; Srinivas, D. and Singh, V.P. (1989). Assessment of three heavy
metals Hg, Cd, and Pb on germination and chlorophyll content of cowpea.
Vegetos. 2 (1) 101-103.

PAPERS RELATED TO NITROGEN FIXATION:

Arya K. Bal and Srinivas, D. (1993) Catalase activity and biogenesis of
microbodies in nitrogen-fixing root nodules of beach pea. Submitted to
"Cell Biology International". (in press)

Arya K. Bal and Srinivas D (1993) Fine structural characterstics of
plasmalemma- cell wall interface of inner cortical cells of nitrogen fixing
nodules (Submitted to Plant Sci. Lett.).

Srinivas, D and Bal A.K. (1992) Oleosomes (lipid bgodies) in Sesbania
rostrata stem and root nodules. In: 9th International Conference on
Nitrogen Fixation. Mexico.

Srinivas D (1993) Nitrogen metabolism in microbes and plants. Submitted to
Biol. Edu. (in press)

ARTICLES OF GENERAL INTEREST:

Srinivas, D (1993) Is allocation of carbohydrates and woodiness of plants
determine by potassium? Submitted to Biol. Edu. (in press)

Srinivas, D (1991) Dioecism in flowering plants: Causes and Evolution. Biol
. Edu. 2: 93-100

Srinivas, D (1989). Increasing protein content. Biol. Edu. 6 (1) 28-30