Soil Management on Steep Slopes

Peggy Gripshover gripshov at muvms6.wvnet.edu
Tue Mar 15 08:30:35 EST 1994

In article <1994Mar6.011604.25305 at blaze.trentu.ca>, wbezner at TrentU.CA writes:
> Greetings:
> I am currently gathering information for an undergraduate soil science paper.   The assignment is as follows:
> 	"In many tropical countries intense land use pressure has led to                 agricultural development of very steeply sloping land. Discuss the              precise soil management problems which this causes, and examine                 potential conservation techniques and strategies, with particular               attention to the information necessary to make these successful."
>
> 	If any of you could supply me with any data, sources, published material experiences or insights, it would be appreciated.
>        Thankyou,
> 	 Wayne Bezner Kerr
> 	 E-Mail Wbezner at TrentU.Ca

Wayne,

Get a clue.  It is not the responsibility of the net to do your
homework!  I'm sure your campus has a libarary!  Oh well,
for what its worth, contact your local Soil Conservation Service
office or look into the F.A.O. soil studies (U.N. publication).

To understand soils, you gotta get down and dirty.

P.G.