Can trees really grow to 30'-35' in 3-4

Helmut Kornmann kornmann at gaia.comlink.de
Sun Mar 20 08:32:14 EST 1994

(Jack Decker) writes:
> >I don't know anything about this company or its trees, but the
> >Wall Street Journal did a front-page story not too long ago about
> >research into using fast-growing hardwoods for electric power
> >generation, and there were big companies involved in developing
> >trees growing at this sort of speed.  Can't recall all the
> >details, but a good library search should turn up the article.

More details about the trees would be interesting, Are they water-suckers like Eukalyptus? With that groth-rate that could be possible. Eucalyptus has done quite 'some' devastation up to now, I have heared, in Kenya, they try to limit the new plantation of Eucalyptus, as it has proven to be harmful because of its side-effect
of poissoning the soil for many other plants. A more "healthy" tree would be welcome,
I think.
Helmut Kornmann
kornmann at gaia.comlink.de