timber prices

David Lloyd-Jones david.lloyd-jones at canrem.com
Wed May 4 20:08:00 EST 1994

LM+ Thailand has a ban on logging...officially...so most of the lumber
  +available in Thailand is coming out of Laos, Burma, and Cambodia. The
  +grapevine tells me that a group of corporate officials from one of the
  +world's largest manufacturers of logging equipment is in Thailand right
  +now. How is that lumber priced?:

I don't know.  I read from time to time of Thai generals getting rich
from a variety of deals, of which the illegal export of teak is one of
the important ones.

The concept of open market price does not really seem to apply in this
case.

                                 -dlj.

david.lloyd-jones at ablelink.org

 * 1st 1.11 #3818 * Coming soon to a Robocomm near you!