Information- Graduate grants requested

Dominic D. Ackerman ddackerman at tiny.computing.csbsju.edu
Mon May 23 11:16:17 EST 1994

Good day,
  I am a Peace Corps Volunteer candidate attempting to enter the
Masters Internationalist program in Forestry at the University of
Minnesota (U.S.A.). What that is: I would study 1 to 1.5 years at the
university in forestry, then apply that knowledge as a volunteer for
two years, then return to wrap up another quarter or two of studies.
In rerurn I would receive a M.S. or M.F. (Masters in Forestry) degree.
The problem though is, since the year would be an accelerated schedule
of full to overloads on credits, no time is available for a research
assistantship or other wourk-study to pay costs for that year.
   Thus I'm searching for alternate funding sources, such as organ-
izational grants, etc. Does anyone know of any sources that I should
look into, any reference works that would list such possible
organizations, foundations, etc.? Perhaps you know of someone else who
has been through a similar situation who would know where and what to
look for? I'm already checking with my Peace Corps contacts (they've
had these sorts of programs for many years, perhaps an alumna/alumn
there has information).
   I would be glad to post information I receive to the list, or forward
it to other interested parties.

 Sincerely,
  Dominic D. Ackerman
  ddackerman at csbsju.edu