Information- Graduate grants requested

Annemarie Jameson ajameson at rsmas.miami.edu
Wed May 25 15:18:05 EST 1994

In article <2rqksh$4m6 at bardeen.physics.csbsju.edu>,
ddackerman at tiny.computing.csbsju.edu (Dominic D. Ackerman) wrote:

> Good day,
>    Thus I'm searching for alternate funding sources, such as organ-
> izational grants, etc. Does anyone know of any sources that I should
> look into, any reference works that would list such possible
> organizations, foundations, etc.?

>  Sincerely,
>   Dominic D. Ackerman
>   ddackerman at csbsju.edu

-stuff deleted-

I've been looking for fellowships myself.  A good source that lists more
fellowships and grants than you _ever_ wanted to know about can be found on
the reference desks of most college libraries.  If you don't see something
that says "Grants and Fellowships for Graduate Study", ask the librarians.
They are usually delighted when someone asks questions.    If you keep
looking through books you'll notice that they duplicate a lot in the
volumes published by different groups and organizations but after plodding
through a couple you should have a good idea of what is available.  Trouble
is, most of them require  having thought to apply long before your studies
begin.  :^(    Think of it this way, its good training for a life in
science.  As any scientist will tell you, applying for funding takes up
entirely too much of their time.

Good luck!

Anne