forest management

Ralph D. Arnold rarnold at teleport.com
Mon Nov 21 03:37:07 EST 1994

On 16 Nov 1994 22:23:11 GMT,
Michael McGrath  <mmcgrath at plato.ucs.mun.ca> wrote:

>   I am looking for information for a short paper about simultaneously
>conserving forests and allowing economic activity and forest
>utilization. Any information would be greatly apreciated
>
>thanks
>Mike

You might want to check Paul Stamet's newest book, "Growing Gourmet &
Medicinal Mushrooms" , where he explores the concept of utilizing various
fungi species within a forest/tree lot as a part of a kind of PERMACULTURE
technique.  Check the library or you can order from Fungi Perfecti
(stamets1 at aol.com) or MUSHROOMPEOPLE (0002745871 at mcimail.com).

Perhaps you'll want to visit my gopherspace or anonymous FTP site.  It will
point you towards more info on mushroom growing for fun, for profit, and
as a way to recycle all kinds of agricultural wastes.

Good luck!

Ralph D. Arnold rarnold at teleport.com | "ON-LINE ACCESS" gopherspace offers
P.O. Box 889, Oregon City, OR 97045  | "FUNGI-BY-EMAIL"=growing mushrooms
gopher://gopher.teleport.com/11/users/rarnold |will email files if needed
anonymous ftp by ftp.teleport.com in directory users\rarnold\mushroom