land classification and agroforestry

ForestSo forestso at aol.com
Sun Oct 30 20:11:02 EST 1994

In article <38s0ee$pcl at nermal.cs.uoguelph.ca>, hmiddlet at uoguelph.ca
(Heather Middleton) writes:

US forest products companies have become increasingly interested in this
subject.  I understand Union Camp has had in interest in buying ag land in
the Carolinas for planting hardwoods.  I have first hand knowledge of
Boise Cascade's interest in growing cottonwood on large acreages in
eastern Washington State in order to supply their pulp mill with part of
its wood supply.  My understanding is that the "crop" is on a 6 year
rotation.  James River Corporation is doing the same thing.  You might
want to contact these and other integrated forest products companies
regarding their current operations and plans for the future.