TRAINING COURSES IN AGRICULTURE

Eric Fischer ericbbec at w204zrz
Mon Sep 19 11:57:08 EST 1994

If you want to be included in our guide please contact us. We will
send you the forms A and B.

Rene' Madrid
PARTICIP GmbH Consultants for Development and Environment
Responsible for Natural Resource Management and Training
Bahnhof
D-78564  Wehingen / Germany
FAX.:(0049)(7426) 3079  Tel.: 2230 / 2458  Telex: 760 905 ptc d

Wehingen,  12.09.1994

Subject: Actualisation of the publication "Training in Agriculture
for Development - A Guide to selected Courses and Institutions"
for the Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC)

Dear madam, dear sir,

In 1991 the Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC), in Bern had
entrusted us, PARTICIP Ltd., Consultants for Development and
Environment, with the task of preparing a brochure and a data bank
on selected training opportunities inagriculture and development,
which was published at the end of 91´ under the tittle: "Training
in Agriculture for Development
- A Guide to selected Courses and Institutions"
We have been in contact with a lot of institutions which are
working in this field and which have sent us the information
needed. Due to the big success of this publication, the SDC is
asking us to make an actualisation of that publication wich will
be spread over Africa, Asia and Latin America. Facing the great
number of institutions operating in this field and in order to
avoid the surplus of training courses we would appreciate if you
could selecton your own those training courses in 1995 which are
most likely to fulfill the following aspects:
- The training courses should cover the following topics:
1. AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT (Agricultural
and Rural Development, Food Security, Rural Credit and
Cooperatives and Women and Development)
2. TRAINING AND EXTENSION (Training of the Trainers, Agricultural
Extension, Rural Promotion and Self-Help Promotion)
3. NATURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (Sustainable Use of Agricultural
Soils, Agro-forestry and Agro-Ecology)
4. Biodiversity, Biotechnology (Conservation of Plant Genetic
Resources, technological Transfer)
5. AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION (Crop Production -cereals, vegetables
and tubers-, Crop Improvement, Seed Production, Crop Protection
and Postharvest Technology)
6. ANIMAL PRODUCTION (Animal Husbandry, Animal Health and
Aquaculture)
7. AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING (Irrigation and Drainage, Agricultural
Mechanization and Draught Animal Technology)
8. MANAGEMENT (Management of Rural Projects, Moderation, Planning,
Monitoring and Evaluation and Data Management)
9. RESEARCH/FARMING SYSTEMS RESEARCH
- The primary target groups of the training courses presented in
this brochure are the SDC project staff, the staff of other
development institutions which are working on behalf of SDC and
the counterparts of these in African, Asian and Latin American
projects.
- For each course you offer in this field we would like you to
fill the attached form A and to mention at which period the course
will be held in the next three years. The training courses which
are planned to be held in French or German should be presented in
Form A in French only, and those which are planned to be held in
English or Spanisch should be presented in Form A in English only.
- We are devoting a full page of the brochure for the presentation
of each selected training institution. In order to make a standard
presentation of all institutions we would like you to fill the
form B.
- It will also help us to set up a public data bank if you could
send us a complete documentation of your institution and training
programme in two copies.
Finally as this guide is planned to be published mid of November
we can only include those institutions which will send or fax us
the needed information before the 30.th of September (due to
further contacts with you after having received your answer it
will be preferable if you could answer as soon as possible). We
will be very glad if you could fax us to confirm the reception
of this letter and to inform us when you plan to send us the
needed information. Please accept our excuse for this short period
to answer, we try to make it easier for you in providing the
attached documents.
We thank you very much in advance and hope of a soon and positive
answer.
Yours sincerely

Rene' Madrid
Responsible for Natural Resource Management and Training
PARTICIP GmbH Consultants for Development and Environment
Responsible for Natural Resource Management and Training

Bahnhof
D-78564  Wehingen / Germany
Fax.:(0049)(7426) 3079  Tel.: 2230 / 2458  Telex: 760 905 ptc d

P.S.: If you want to be included in our guide please contact us.
We will send you the forms A and B.