CREATION OF A GLOBAL EVIROMENTAL MANAGEMENT SPECIALTY

Richard Berryhill rberryhi at ruacad.ac.runet.edu
Mon Sep 26 15:59:46 EST 1994

	We are  in the process of creating a Global Environmental Management
specialty at the New College of Global Studies at Radford University in
Radford, Virginia.  The contents of this specialty are still under
"construction" and we are investigating similar programs that are
presently in place throughout the World.
	 The goal is to create a "unique" program that will prepare the
student to be an active participant in management, protection, and maintenance
of the environment,  not just in a local region, but on a Global scale!
	If you are involved in an academic department at a college or
university, we would appreciate any information about your program,
department, school, etc. (i.e. environmental studies, agricultural
sciences, landscape architecture...).  If your program has anything to do
with study of the environment (including environmental law), we can use it!
	If you are a member of a private or governmental organization
(i.e. NSF, GreenPeace, Nat'l Park Service...), we  would appreciate  any
literature on your organization, educational opportunities, and input
that would be beneficial to our program.
	If you are a member of a business or corporation that has an
interest in environmental management (and similar topics), we would
appreciate any literature on you company, scholarship, co-op, and/or
internships that are offered, as well as any input into what you (as an
employer) would like to see from a graduate in this type of program.
	In short, send any and all information regarding the environment
that you (or someone you know might have) that may be helpful with the
creation of our curriculum.
	Thank you for any assistance and PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD about our
program!

Send ALL information to:

	Richard Berryhill
	New College of Global Studies