Trade Restrictions for Candian Lumber in the EEC

Ian Parker parkeri at nbnet.nb.ca
Wed Sep 28 22:17:49 EST 1994

I am a student at University of New Brunswick, in the faulty of Forest
Engineering.

I am looking for sources of information on the present trade restrictions of
lumber in the European Market.  I know that in the last few years the European
Community has considered requirments for lumber source to prove that they were
"green", thereby not hurting the enviroment.  After this point I am having
difficulty finding any more information on the present status of these
conciderations and what they would entail.

If you could help me in any way please drop me a line at:

parkeri at nbnet.nb.ca or
s376 at unb.ca

Thank-you

Ian