timber farms

Harold E. Anderson harolda at vixa.voyager.net
Sat Aug 5 10:58:26 EST 1995

aspringe at gil.ipswichcity.qld.gov.au (Alex Springer) wrote:
>Does anyone know where information can be found relating to the setting up of
>a timber farm?  If so please email a message to me.

I have found the two following books to be quite helpfull:

Tree Farm Business Management by James M. Vardaman, published by John
Wiley & Sons, New York

Christmas Trees for Pleasure and Profit by Arthur G. Chapman and Robert
D. Wray, published by Rutgers University Press, Newbrunswick, New Jersey.

I purchased my copies from Ben Meadows Co, 1-800-241-6401 for orders

I have also contacted them through the WWW, I beleive the address was
http://benmeadows.com.

I have used the above books to help clients in my consulting forestry
practice in Northern Michigan