boring insects

D. Dexter drdexter at u.washington.edu
Tue Aug 8 20:19:13 EST 1995

I am interested in any info on boring insects that attack Pseudotsuga
menziesii and Tsuga heterophylla in the Pacific Northwest (western Washington, USA).
They seem to bore holes mainly in dead and dying trees but resently have been
attacking seamingly healthy trees. In particular I would like info on
species, lifecycles, and measures that can be taken to protect trees.
                                               Thank you,
                                               Dennis Dexter