Q: Wood, Paper Pulp, and Fiber

Milt Johns miltj at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 22 11:08:05 EST 1995

I understand that fiber, whether virgin or secondary, is the "building
block" from which paper is made.  Generally speaking, how is wood
processed into pulp (to be used in making paper products)?

I have access to a very large volume of mature trees, mostly conifers
and some exotic species, that are currently processed into firewood,
sawed into ungraded lumber. With other economic constraints such as
trucking, proximity to a processing plant, etc. notwithstanding, does
this wood has any potential value as fiber?