Logging damage, Sweden Greece

Joseph Zorzin redoak at msn.com
Wed Dec 13 15:22:32 EST 1995

>>>Is anyone willing to exchange ideas with me?<<<

Sure.

I'm a consulting forester in Massachusetts, U.S.A and have been so
for 20 years.  I've managed many timber sales.  Although I'm a
forester, I'm also a preservationist at heart so I like to see a nice
job.

Unfortunately, log skidders are monsters of destructiveness, unless
used by very concerned and talented loggers.  A bulldozer does a
better job, but slower and more costly.  The best job is done by
horses, but more costly yet.

The amount of damage is also a function of the type of forest and
terrain.  I'm almost never trully satisfied but I make an effort to
have the job come out as well as possible.

If you care to reply, you could do so in this newsgroup, but I check
my person EMAIL more frequently, both my MSN account (redoak.MSN.COM)
and my Compuserver account. (75567.2365 at compuserve.com)