berry bushes

Jackie Kuhn kuhn at uno.cc.geneseo.edu
Tue Feb 14 11:21:37 EST 1995

I'm not sure if this is where I should be directing my question, but hopefully
someone might be able to answer it.  I inherited a small woodlot (16 acres).
Before the estate was settled the woods were logged (nothing under 18" was
taken) and a good stand was left.  My problem is that now that the canopy has
been opened up the woods is over-run by berry bushes (black caps).  I have a
home in the woods and would like to get these bushes under control without
using chemicals if possible (I have a 2 year old running about).  Any ideas
how to get rid of the bushes?