Tulip-Poplar Pollen Sources

Erica J Simel ejsimel at SACAM.OREN.ORTN.EDU
Wed Feb 22 11:28:51 EST 1995

Hi,

I am working on a project which involves studying DNA that has been
isolated from pollen.  The two species that I would like to collect
from this spring are Pinus ponderosa and Liriodendron tulipifera/Ponderosa
Pine and Tulip-Poplar.

Although I have sources for Ponderosa Pine, I need pollen sources for
Tulip-poplar.  I need the elevation and latitude for each tree to
be collected.  If the trees are in a nursery or cultivated setting, I need the
elevation and latitude for the seed source.  If they are spontaneous,
there needs to be at least five trees in one location.

Basicly I need tulip-poplar sources of known latitude and elevation, and my
ability to travel for collecting is not limited.  If anyone knows of
areas that fit the description above please e-mail me and I can send a fax or
snail-mail address if requested.

Thank you,

Erica