Aerial spray dyes - ULV and LV

guest2 at icfr.unp.ac.za guest2 at icfr.unp.ac.za
Tue Jan 24 09:52:47 EST 1995

I am currently working on a vacation project that requires a knowledge of
the amount of insecticide applied aerially to black wattle. I've tried to
use waxolene red as the insecticide carrier is a light oil but in trials
using a mist blower I could not pick up the red on the leaves using a
dissecting microscope. It has been suggested that UVtex dye should be tried
and we have sent away a sample of the insecticide to see if it can be used
but I would like to know of any other dyes which could be used and which are
avaliable in S. Africa. I thought of using a wax dye that would react with
the cuticle such as Sudan Black b. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your interest.

BONES
--

ICFR, University of Natal, Pietermaritzburg, Rep. of South Africa
E-mail: guest2 at icfr.unp.ac.za