pretreatment technologies for energy crops

Eric van den Heuvel heuvel at btg.tool.nl
Thu Jan 26 15:37:52 EST 1995

For the Dutch Company for Energy and Environment (Novem) and the Dutch National
Research Programme on Climate Change I am currently involved in a project
describing the current status and the technical and economic aspects of
existing post-harvest pretreatment technologies for energy crops and short
rotation forestry products for energy utilization.

As only little information is available in the Netherlands, I am investigating
experiences and activities in other countries. The regarded pretreatment
technologies are:
  -  storage;
  -  sizing (chopping into chunks or into chips);
  -  drying;
  -  densification (briquetting or pelletizing); and
  -  transportation.

Any information technical, economic or environmental aspects available is
welcome.

Please send your information to:

heuvel at btg.tool.nl

Kind regards