Availability/cost of native plants

Peter Kerr p.kerr at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jan 30 19:06:13 EST 1995

In article <Joshua_Berman-3101951207420001 at poncho-slip11.cis.brown.edu>,
Joshua_Berman at brown.edu (Josh Berman) wrote:
> I'm trying to document a trend in the increased supply/demand for native
> plant species. As more projects demand exclusive use of natives,
(snip)

Altho not directly relevant to your research I offer the following
observations from this side of the planet:

Exotics also get favored here
1. if there is an economic incentive, ie  return on investment in lumber
species required, because exotics generally are faster growing.
2. for amenity plantings because exotics are perceived to have a wider
range of more attractive plant forms and flower displays.

--
Peter Kerr                             bodger
School of Music                        chandler