Schools

kunde001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu kunde001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Mon Jul 3 11:59:13 EST 1995

On 29 Jun 1995 00:52:41 GMT,
kiosk1 at aonline.com  <kiosk1 at aonline.com> wrote:

>Where in the US has a good program in Agroforestry? I'm currently in Alaska.

Try contacting Dr. H. E. "Gene" Garrett at the University of
Missouri-Columbia.  UMC has a highly-rated forestry program and Dr. Garrett
is a leader in the field of agroforestry.  The state of Missouri was
recently awarded a federal grant to study and promote agroforestry.  I can
tell you from experience Dr. Garrett is a tough, demanding taskmaster in
the classroom; his classes, undergraduate or graduate are not for the
weak-at-heart.  However, he can guarantee you a learning experience well
worth the relocation from Alaska.  Unfortunately, I don't have his phone
number handy.  He can be contacted by mail at:  1-30 Agriculture Bldg.
Columbia, MO  65211.  If you have to have a phone number, I'll get one for
you.

Steve Nicholson

Stephen Nicholson
Kunde Co. Inc.