Logs, tags & adhesives - request for info

Colin Harvey, by way of forsis at snowcrest.net Chris Crocker by way of forsis at snowcrest.net Chris Crocker C.Harvey at dce.vic.gov.au
Tue Jul 25 15:56:26 EST 1995

In article <1995Jul24.215633.413 at decus.org.nz> wykes at decus.org.nz (Nick
Wykes, Forestry Corporation of NZ Ltd, Rotorua NZ) writes:
>From: wykes at decus.org.nz (Nick Wykes, Forestry Corporation of NZ Ltd, Rotorua
>NZ)
>Subject: Logs, tags & adhesives - request for info
>Date: 24 Jul 95 21:56:33 +1200

>Adhesives & tags - a request for info

>The New Zealand Forestry Corporation requires log tags and an adhesive product
>suitable for applying tags to sawlogs. The tags will be used for data capture
>purposes. We are hoping other companies or research organisations have
>considered this problem previously and can help us.

We have exactly the same problem here in Victoria.

This Department has contacted various label manufacturers in Australia but
no satisfactory solution has been found.  We would also be interested in
hearing of any products or alternative methods of recording log data.

   Colin Harvey
   Forest Systems
   Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Victoria
   Telephone +61-3-94124185,   Fax +61-3-94124160