Tree Cloning

SARA KIRCHHEIMER ducki at aztec.asu.edu
Sat Jul 29 00:18:59 EST 1995

Dennis, did you try air-layering> ?  Air layering involves leaving
leaving a cutting attached to the branch and allowed to root into
soil tied in a bundle around the cut.  I'm in Arizona, and if you are
you arae in Arizona, I don't suggest that you try this until
at least the end of October.   If you live in a more temperatae
climate, you could try air-layering now.   There is more
information about this technique in the usual starn standard
gardening book's sections on propagation.  Be sure to use
tttender new growth for yuor air-layers.   Good luck, Sara Kirchheimer.