Poplar and willow cuttings

Paul Stewart stewart at bud.peinet.pe.ca
Fri Jun 2 11:11:38 EST 1995

	I'm no tree expert, but as far as rooting willow is concerned, I
think you could lay them on pavement in January and they'd still root! ;-)
I read  somewwhere that willow bark actually contains a natural cytokinin
that stimulates rooting in any plant. I have soaked bark in room
temperature water for a week or so, filtered it, and used it in agar as
rooting medium, and my plantlets rooted...it's amazing. I don't think
you'll have any trouble.
	Anyone out there have any idea on the mode of action of willow
water on rooting?

ABIOGEN c/o Paul Stewart
stewart at cycor.ca