Pseudomonas syringae

Friedemann Greulich bfg at rz.uni-jena.de
Sun Jun 11 04:22:02 EST 1995

Randy Moench (rmoench at lamar.colostate.edu) wrote:
: I'm looking for information on Pseudomonas syringae.  This is a bateria
: whick attacks woody plants, lilac in particular.

: Anyone with information or possible leads please e-mail me at:

: rmoench at lamar.colostate.edu

: Thanks!

I do research in the mode of action of one special toxine produced by some
pathovarieties of Pseudomonas syringae. The toxine is named coronatine and is
produced by pathovars tomato, glycinea, atropurpurea, maculicola and morspru-
norum. Morsprunorum is living on some fruit trees, but I know nothing about
lilac. You should know that "Pseudomonas syringae" is the name of a large group
of (probably quite different) pathovars living on different host plants, pro-
ducing different toxins and so on ... The systematics of the group Pseudomo-
nas is not clear at all up to now.
However, I have collected some literature on Pseudomonas and know some folks
concerned with related research. If you have more specific questions I could
try to answer.

So long
Yours Friedemann

Friedemann Greulich