how do I get coast redwood cuttings to root?

Al Stangenberger forags at smokey.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Jun 14 20:03:10 EST 1995

xxxxxx (xxxxxx at xxxxxx) wrote:
: For several years now, I have been trying to get cuttings from the fallen
: Dyerville Giant coast redwood to root and grow. I have not been successful.
: Has anyone reading this newgroup successsfuly cloaned a coast redwood. If so
: how did you do it? Thank You, Michael

Contact Kim Rodrigues, UC Coop Extension in Eureka
e-mail:  cdhumboldt at

also try Prof. Bill Libby at UC Forest Products Lab in Richmond
(510) 215-4200

Kim collected some cuttings right after the Dyerville Giant fell, and I'm
sure some of them have rooted by now.  Libby's group has cloned coast
redwood for years.

Al Stangenberger                      Univ. of California at Berkeley
forags at            Dept. of Env. Sci., Policy, & Mgt.
BITNET: FORAGS AT UCBNATUR            145 Mulford Hall # 3114
(510) 642-4424  FAX: (510) 643-5438   Berkeley, CA  94720-3114