how do I get coast redwood cuttings to root?

Al Stangenberger forags at smokey.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Jun 14 20:03:10 EST 1995

xxxxxx (xxxxxx at xxxxxx) wrote:
: For several years now, I have been trying to get cuttings from the fallen
: Dyerville Giant coast redwood to root and grow. I have not been successful.
: Has anyone reading this newgroup successsfuly cloaned a coast redwood. If so
: how did you do it? Thank You, Michael

Contact Kim Rodrigues, UC Coop Extension in Eureka
e-mail:  cdhumboldt at ucdavis.edu

also try Prof. Bill Libby at UC Forest Products Lab in Richmond
(510) 215-4200

Kim collected some cuttings right after the Dyerville Giant fell, and I'm
sure some of them have rooted by now.  Libby's group has cloned coast
redwood for years.

--
Al Stangenberger                      Univ. of California at Berkeley
forags at nature.berkeley.edu            Dept. of Env. Sci., Policy, & Mgt.