meeting others through personal ads (advertisement)

Joseph Norton jnor at FREENET.SCRI.FSU.EDU
Mon Mar 13 10:34:02 EST 1995

On 12 Mar 1995, Olga Kozmina Dekabristov Str. 5-178 Kiev 253121 Ukraine wrote:
> #############   Personal ad placement service   #############
> ... She asks $50 for which your ad will run 2 weeks in
>  I am not leaving my e-mail address because of the flames and revocation
> of my account for having posted this.
i personally am disgusted that these people , as well as other
get-rich-quick and pyramid schemers are taking advantage of my inerest in
the net.bio.net services to dunn me with crap that i don't want
i don't see any value in flaming, and
i certainly wouldn't suggest such a thing should be done, but i bet if
everyone who rec'd such codswallop would flood these perpetrators with
numerous copies of all the email or text files or copies of core
dumps which we had, that said individuals may not be able to keep from
having their accounts revoked for such practices.
what does anyone else think about this?
i mean   is it just me?   does everyone else think this 'advertising'
is acceptable?

-"if the people would lead, the 'leaders' would follow."
				(? bumper sticker)