Request: Info on jobs in forestry, environment in Australia

Leonardo Alvarado Lab_Assistants at quick.ucs.ualberta.ca
Fri May 5 14:18:11 EST 1995

Request:  Information regarding possible work in forestry or environmental
protection in Australia

May 3, 1995

To whom it may concern:

   My name is Leonardo Alvarado and I am writing this letter because I
need to request information regarding jobs in forestry and environmental
protection.  This information is not for myself but for one of my
friends.  She lives in Hungary and she does not have access to the
newsgroups through the computer system of her university.  I request this
information in the hope that somebody will send it to my e-mail address
and then I would forward it to her.

   My friend's name is Edit Jelitai.  She is 27 years old and she is a
Hungarian citizen.  She is a student at the Univesity of Forestry and Wood
Sciences in Sopron, Hungary.  She is in her second year of studies with a
major in Forestry.  Previously she obtained a Master's degree in Food
Science at the University of Horticulture and Food Science in Budapest.

   She is interested in the possibility of working through the summer and
the fall in an environmentally related field or in forestry.  She is very
interested in pursuing a career on environmental conservation and for that
purpose she is studying forestry and environmental science.  She is
interested in working in an English speaking country where she may gain
skills that may help her in the future to protect the environment of her
native Hungary and to learn more about forestry and the natural sciences.
Naturally, she is also looking at the possibility of improving her command
of the English language.  She is specially interested in working in
Austalia since the flora and fauna are so different from Europe.

   If anybody knows of addresses, e-mail addresses, universities,
organizations, sources of information, etc. where she may apply for work
or obtain further information, we would be grateful if you can provide us
with that information.  You may reply in confidence to my e-mail address
or my friend's.  I thank you for the trouble that you are taking in
reading and replying to this message and I hope we will hear from somebody
soon.

Yours truly,

LEONARDO ALVARADO

Lab_Assistants at quick.ucs.ualberta.ca