Literature/references

kunde001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu kunde001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Fri Nov 3 17:20:20 EST 1995

On 2 Nov 1995 13:34:09 -0800,
Ruud_Lardinois  <skb at EURONET.NL> wrote:

>I heard here in Europe of two scientists find the presence of songbirds
>affects forest healt.
>
>The scientists are: Robert Marquis, from the University of Missouri - St.
>Louis and Christopher Whelan, from the Morton Arboretum in Lisle, Illinois.
>
>Does anyone know about this research?  I am looking for a
>literature/references of this research. Any info would be appreciated.
>

>Thanks in advance for any info,
>

>Ruud Lardinois

When I was a student at the University of Missouri-Columbia, one of my
professors, Charlie Nilon was doing research on songbird populations in
the urban-rural interface in Missouri.  He is something of a rarety... a
profeesor of urban wildlife. He would most likely know of this research as
he is in the same state University system and may have been consulted or
referenced.  Unfortunately, I don't have his phone, address handy but can
provide it at a later date, just eMail me.

Stephen Nicholson
Kunde Co. Inc.
2311 Woodbridge
Roseville, MN  55113