More silvifishingculture

Robert H. Faust drfist at ilhawaii.net
Sat Nov 4 13:47:41 EST 1995

We had a very large Salmon cultivation system here in Kona Hawaii, it
was sucessful and included large tanks with growing kelp. Cold water was
pumped from about 2000 ft. deep. It failed from an economic standpoint
because of the feed costs, feed had to be brought in from Idaho. I have
a system that uses fungal biomass to produce the high protein feed.
Using a specific fungio to ferment a N fixing tree biomass to product a
large portion of the feed ration ,this is economical.