Castanopsis/Dalbergia

lab.trop at agr.kuleuven.be lab.trop at agr.kuleuven.be
Mon Nov 6 11:27:16 EST 1995

Hallo:
I am involved in a project with a Thai university to study biodiversity and
strategies for conservation of forest trees in Northern Thailand (and mountainous
areas of Burma and Laos by extension). The people in Thailand selected as model
species Castanopsis and Dalbergia spp. Does anyone know of research being done on
biodiversity, conservation, vegetative propagation and ecology of these species.
Both genera are large, Dalbergia is even pantropical. I am also interested in
knowing research done in other countries, with other Dalbergia or Castanopsis
species that may not occur in Thailand. A literature search made clear to me that
not much has been published the last few years on Dalbergia, and even less on
Castanopsis.
reply to the newsgroup, or to Hugo.Volkaert at PING.BE
Thanks in advance
Hugo Volkaert