Help Greenhouses -What is the best-?

Erling Fl›istad hagef at nlh.no
Fri Nov 17 03:24:29 EST 1995

In <480k9s$oeu at hp.fciencias.unam.mx>, mfrancor at sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx (Guillermo Franco) writes:
>Hi all,
>
>I received some opinions about what is the best flori-horticultural
>greenhouses.  Does anybody has the best?,

Simply: No !

>I very appreciate your opinions?

That's good, cause this opinion is my own.
There is no such thing as a universal: "best greenhouse" !
I would rather rephrase the quesion: What is the most economic way
in which you may obtain the climatic modification that you, in your climate,
need for those specific species that you want to grow.

The best greenhouses for my climate are made in Norway, because they have
to  be able to take an occational heavy snow-load.  Appart from that, I
suspect that the most experienced greenhopuse builders in Europe are the
well known companies in Holland.

Erling Floeistad                         Dr. Student
Institutt for plantefag                  Dept. of Horticulture and Crop Science
NLH                                    Agric. University of Norway
e-mail:  erling.floistad at ipf.nlh.no