Charcoal production

Matthew Weinert M.Weinert at tpp.uq.edu.au
Wed Nov 29 18:15:41 EST 1995

Can anybody point me in the right direction as to where I can find any
information on large scale charcoal production. A guy i met last night has
timber interests in Papua Nuguini and says about 30% of the trees logged are
not taken by the buyers. I asked him if they should just not cut these logs
but he said they can't tell if the logs will be taken until the buyers turn
up. He would like to make charcol from these logs, I assume to sell as fuel to
the people around the areas being logged. Any info would be appreciated.

Matt