logging and environmental problems

Ken Mayhew kmayhew at bud.peinet.pe.ca
Fri Oct 13 10:34:24 EST 1995

In article <QUVfw0O5IUoR084yn at teleport.com> larryc at teleport.com (Larry Caldwell) writes:
>From: larryc at teleport.com (Larry Caldwell)
>Subject: Re: logging and environmental problems
>Date: 13 Oct 1995 02:09:58 -0700

>Canada is interesting in that they still have no reforestation plan.
>They're just cutting and running with no real management plan.

Hey where do you get off with statements like that?!

B.C. has planted over a Billion trees on cutover lands in that last decade.
All Canada provinces require reforestation (natural or articifical ) on a
ll cronw lands. Private lands have had a more mixed history.

Canada is also recognized for its National Forest Strategy, the foremost
strategy of its kind in the world!!!!! This strategy outlines how to
measure and ensure biodiversity, criteria and indicators for sustainable
management, timber supply, aboriginal rights, improvements to forest
management and harvesting technology, international relations and many many
other factors that contribute to sustainable forests. It seeks concensus and
scientific answers. I suggest you get a copy and read it before you make such
outlandish remarks.