OSU study on climate

F. Eatherington francis at teleport.com
Sat Oct 28 02:37:10 EST 1995

Oregon State University recently released results of a study they did on
climate change and how it is effected by deforestation.

I only heard a brief mention of this study on the news, and I was hoping
to find a more detailed summary on the net someplace. Does anyone know
about this?

I heard it on the news around 10/24. Basically, it was that older trees do
a lot better job of ?filtering carbon monoxide? or something to that
effect. Conversion of our forests from old-growth to young second growth
is having a detrimental effect on the climate - perhaps contributing to
global warming.

If anyone can shed some light on this study, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Francis
francis at teleport.com