tree farming, dual land use, better cash flow

W. Klatt wklattjr at u.washington.edu
Wed Sep 6 02:55:09 EST 1995

On 6 Sep 1995 jimfrost at nwrain.com wrote:

> Good day,
>
> Not sure how much land you're talking about but here in Western Washington I've seen people open primitave
> campgrouds or lease it for hunting on a yearly basis.
>
> Jim

Well to be honest I can't quote acreage number, one of my instructors at
UW was discussing it in one of my courses. But I do know that a good part
of Wherehauser (sp?) property is closed off to the public and access to
it is usually give through a use fee. I also can't quote to the
percentage of Wherehauser lands that use it but those areas I have seen
are cordon off and well marked...

Bill