Trembling Aspen Uses

Timothy Martin timm at u.washington.edu
Mon Sep 11 14:58:21 EST 1995

In Minnesota, USA, at least (and perhaps in some of the other Great Lakes
states), Populus tremuloides is used for the manufacture of
high-quality paper.

I know that in the same region Betula is used for the manufacture of
matches, popsicle sticks and other small items.  They may also utilize
Populus for these, but I'm not sure about that.

Tim Martin
timm at u.washington.edu
College of Forest Resources
Box 352100