Will a RedWood grow in MA?

Fagan 1 fagan1 at aol.com
Tue Sep 26 22:31:15 EST 1995

It actually depends on what kind of redwood you are talking about.  I know
that all of them will survive in the southeast (NC, VA, MA), but I don't
know about so far north.  At least one type of redwood is found in
mountainous regions in CA, where it seems to take the cold just fine.  The
best bet would be to find out what kind it is exactly (audubon, or
peterson guides are great for this.  Trust me, botanists and foresters use
them.), and then call a local arboretum (there is a big one in Boston),
and ask if they were successful in growing one there.