My Backyard was Logged and...

Michael D. Relyea mdrelyea at
Thu Sep 28 13:07:49 EST 1995

Kevin R. Joyce (KJOYCE at TVDATA.COM) wrote:
: Help,
:    I have purchased a house with fourteen acres or "wooded" property. The
: previous owners had it logged rather aggressively and the company that did
: it left quite a mess. Besides scarring (or girdling) a lot of good trees
: with their skidder they left a toppings, limbs, small tress (<4" dia) and
: almost a full trailer load of large full length pulpwood (>2' dia).

Perhaps you could burn it there.  Pile it up (a bulldozer would do
nicely, althogh I doubt you have access, but hey you never know) and just
light it on fire, makes good fertilizer, just try not to scrape too much
of the o-layer off the soil.
Just my .02
        () Michael Relyea                           Nee Nee Nee Nee Nee...
        () State University of New York             We shall say Nee to
           College of Environmental Science         you if you do not appease
           and Forestry at Syracuse                 us.