Sam Bhat sbhat at
Thu Apr 4 17:40:52 EST 1996

In article <4js5na$rt0 at>, Hakon Agustsson
<hakona at> writes
>I would like to know what is a latin word for (indian tree) gulmohr
>and also I would like to know about some
>books, web pages or other informations about this tree -please
>Please answere this cause need to know the latin word for this gulmohr tree
>Thank you
>hakona at
>ahb at
The Latin name for Gul Mohur is Delonix regia. It belongs to the family
Leguminosae and is commonly called flamboyant, flame-tree or peacock
flower tree. It is a very attractive, widely planted street tree in
India, with compound leaves consisting of a large number of tiny
leaflets and, more importantly, very conspicuous and attractive scarlet
flowers.  A large volume of information has been published on this tree
in horticultural and forestry literature.
Sam Bhat
E-mail: sbhat at