white oak species

Gren4ester gren4ester at aol.com
Mon Apr 15 19:22:40 EST 1996

There are a wide range of White oak and red oak species.  Your question is
too broad. Where do you want to plant(location, aspect, elevation, and
soil type)? As far as economics are concerned you should ask a local
(County Forester or Extension Forester [Dept of agr.] what the local mills
accept.  You may also want to think about what the time requirements are
for your investment.  Oaks in my area (Virginia) need to be about 50 - 80
years old to be economically viable.  If you would like more help E-mail
me back with more information and I will try.

Todd Berman