Student placement

SAFS Staff Netscape User safs at
Wed Apr 17 03:32:08 EST 1996

Katrine V Smith
4 Palmaston Close
Lancaster LA1 5BS

I am a second year life sciences undergraduate at the School of Biology,
Manchester University.  My main career aim is to work in tropical
forests, particularly in sustainable reforesting of logged areas as well
as sustainable cropping of primary forest under conservation.

I spent summer 1995 with the Sunseed Trust working in a tree nursery
under desertic conditions in Spain, testing methods aimed for
introduction to combat desert encroachment in developing countries in

My degree course has a sandwich year, 1996-1997, which I intend to use to
gain work experience.  Currently I am trying to put together a programme
involving work in the field.  I am free to location within the UK or
abroad, free to project duration - 6 months or longer - and self-financed
if required.

Katrine V Smith

NB Please reply to address at the top of the letter!