Ceres Online: Internet Tools

Rastapoodle rastapoo at mailhost.winnet.net
Fri Apr 26 09:29:53 EST 1996

Leif Ahlin <leif.ahlin at hotell.itz.se> wrote:
>Hello Steve !
>I need information about Eucalyptus trees in the Southern Highlands in
>Tanzania where I am doing a volunteer reasearch for a paper mill. I need
>information about the heatvalues, density and amount of bark (%) on a log
>of the kind of eucalyptus that groves there. Unfortunately don´t I have
>the latin name of the tree. I also need the same information for "Pinus
>Patula". I have tried to find the information on the Internet but failed
>and then I saw Your adress at a newsgroup ( the only newsgroup over
>Forestry that had a message). I am taking a chance and hope that You may
>know where I can find such information, if not am I sorry for the
>disturbance.
>Regards......Lars Ahlin

Hello, Lars:
I believe you thought you were posting a private email to 'Steve', however, your message
wound up on many newsgroups, which is probably for the best, because I am sure you will
get many responses in your quest for information on the eucalyptus.

Here's my suggestion:
There is a new webpage 'The Ethnobotany Cafe' that can help you in two ways. 1) they have
a message board where you can post the question that you posted here. 2) they have links
to many world-wide ethnobotany/economic botany pages, libraries, etc.  Their URL is
http://countrylife.net/ethnobotany/

Hope this helps.

Anya
PS I once went to school with some Tanzanians that were stationed at Mbeya when they
returned home.  Great people, good memories.

Rastapoodl at aol.com {{{~.~}}} RAW member #629
              Rastapoo at winnet.net
Garden designer, herbalist, aromatherapist, reggae lover
  Living and laughing in Miami, America's new frontier
                *Words to live by*
*****"you gotta lively up yourself" -- Bob Marley*****