decomposing fresh coffee pulp

Guenter Dobler a.despradel at codetel.net.do
Tue Apr 30 21:09:50 EST 1996

I'm working in forestry investigation in a NGO in the Dominican
Republic. We've found out that a mixture that contains nearly 50%
 decomposed coffee pulp shows very good results as substrat in
pine-production in Hiko-Boxes-Containers (45% coffee pulp, 40%
ash of rice peels, 15% earth material with micorriza
(Ah-horizon)). It's easy to get fresh coffee pulp of big coffee
farms free of charge. Now we are trying to find ways to
accelerate the proces of decomposition.

Do yo have any information or experiences about this theme?
Any help will be appreciated!

Guenter Dobler
Dominican Republic
E-Mail-Address: a.despradel at codetel.net.do