name of the second gen. ring of trees that grow around a parent tree?

ElizSIDeA elizsidea at
Tue Aug 13 12:51:28 EST 1996

What is the name of the second generation ring of trees that grow up
around a parent tree? Someone told me it's called a "family circle"--but
is there a more scientific, or less mundane (a native american term
perhaps?) that describes this phenomenon?
Thanks for your help. 

More information about the Ag-forst mailing list