Trees from seeds (cones): need info

Don Staples dstaples at
Wed Aug 14 15:26:01 EST 1996

Kind of depends on the nature of the seeds you wish to collect and/or plant.
Soft woods or hard woods?  Cant help you on locations, but I can help a little
on process of doing so.  I am a forester, working in the south.  For locale
information check with your state/province forest service, local
college/university/school that has an environmental/forestry/ag education
department.  If you are US rural, check your local landowners associations.
Last bet, make friends with a logger, they are usually not as hairy as they