forestry consultants?

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Mon Aug 26 10:56:54 EST 1996

Been a consultant for 17 years, and a forester for 30, in east Texas.

SIP is dead, with no sorrow shed in Texas.  It put money into the state Forest
Services' pocket, not the consultants.

Bureaucrats, are bureaucrats.  They have little real contack with field
forestry in Texas, and there is an on going skirmish between the state and the
consultants.  We may be getting better, time will tell.

Southern pine market soft, getting better.  Canadian agreement to curtail some
shipments probably has helped down here.

I write most of my own software, but, Greenbrier Graphics has "Deed Plotter+
for Windows" that is a little dandy survey program.  They are in WV,
304-484-7034.  Not a commercial indorsement, good program for a small business.

Insurance!  We don' need no insurance!  Said with finest Mexican accent.  Hard
to get here, expensive, and not good coverage.  CFA has a new carrier I am
going to try.

Keep up the conversation guys.

In article <4vs0mj$quc at service-2.agate.net> isd at isd.sdi.agate.net (David A.
Susen) writes:>From: isd at isd.sdi.agate.net (David A. Susen)