Bad Forest Fires Look Like Clearcuts

D. Braun dbraun at u.washington.edu
Sun Dec 1 17:50:18 EST 1996

On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, Todd Andrews wrote:

> Mike Asher wrote:
> >
> > Pacarana <larrymb at gramercy.ios.com> wrote:
> >
> > > We've "selectively" clearcut away 95% of everything.
> >
> > Where does this ridiculous figure come from?  The state of Maine is 93%
> > wooded, up from 89% a few decades ago, and 80% at the turn of the century.
>
> Answer - these nut cases dreamed them up.  In reality, they are absolute
> idiots
> with no common sense, and a desire to end society as we know it.
>
> They're fruitballs.
>

> > --
> > Mike Asher
> > masher at tusc.net

It would appear that "Mike Asher" is a fictitous entity.  A week ago, I
got a message from Cameron Spitzer that "Mike Asher" was a payed wise use
propaganda mouthpiece; I posted this allegation in the form of a question
for "Mike" to answer. (In a recent thread-- maybe the EF! one, or forests,
or old growth). He(it/they) has not been heard of since that time.
I expect that he(it/they) will reappear under another name.. He(it/they) is
easy to spot--- he posts propaganda over and over, and then denies it.
When long, factual posts are returned, he(it/they) ignores them.

		Dave Braun