poplar tree or what are the most profitable trees to plant.

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Sun Dec 15 01:30:19 EST 1996

erkmen gonul wrote:

> i need some help.
> i ve a land which is 20 acres, cotton land actually ,  i m planning to
> plant poplar tree .   can anyone give some sophisticated info about this or
> help me where should i go to get the info.
>
> * which poplar kind is more valuable, and profitable etc

Kind of depends on your location.  Check with your local agriculture
agent from state or province, they can get you a start.  Poplar may not
be what you want, depending on site, soil, etc., the pros for the govment
 can help you along.   If your in the US, check with a local consulting
forester on planting costs and recommendations.